You paid for a website and it’s not giving you the return on investment that you hoped, right? Simply having a website isn’t enough to draw the traffic you desire. Getting that website in front of potential customers is the key, but how? Here are some things to consider as you develop a digital marketing strategy.
- Mobile compatibility for your website. Your website has to be mobile. One statistic says that 71 percent of Internet consumption done on mobile devices. People are on their mobile devices more and more. In fact, Google changed its algorithm to give higher rankings on search engine results pages to mobile-optimized websites.
- Local search is a big deal. Thousands of companies provide the same types of services around the world, but who cares about online visibility in Des Moines for your carpet cleaning company if you service the Dallas area? Making sure that your optimized for local searches like Google maps listings (local SEO) will help your customers find you based on proximity.
- Don’t rule out email marketing. Mass email marketing is not dead. Savvy business people who can create concise and compelling content about their company can see good results through email marketing. Email newsletters are getting very popular as well. These mediums allow you to target interested clientele with good information right in their inboxes. One study showed that emails read on a mobile device have a higher click through rate than emails opened on desktop devices.
- Make a video. Setup a YouTube channel for free and post regular videos. Consider making instructional videos, “life hacks”, and interviews with experts are all useful. Injecting humor is always good, but if you’re not funny, don’t try to be.
- Use paid ads on social media. Social media is a valuable marketing tool. Facebook continues to be the most popular and effective social media marketing tool available. According to Pew, 72% of adults use Facebook. Paying for ads on Facebook is affordable and effective. The tools are easy to use and the yield on money spent is fantastic.
If you have any question or need help putting together and implementing a strategy, contact us and we’ll get to work for you.